Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Shayna - the growing niece

Shayna has been healthy and growing well. Now when she goes for jabs, she doesn't cry that much but just makes some noise to show her displease. She has started recognizing people. She can't remember me since I have not seen her for months.

Last Sat we had a family dinner with some relatives. She's so cute. When she sees someone, she will "access" the person. She will firstly scan thru her small database:
1) Have I seen her before? If yes- proceed to 2. If no - proceed to 5
2) Is she a nice person? If yes - proceed to 3. If no, proceed to 4
3) Ok, smile and be happy
4) Start crying. This is my first line of defence before you bully me.
5) Let me stare at you for a while. Dont react first. Seem nice - proceed to 3. Does not seem trustable - proceed to 4.

Babies are smart. The key is to be friendly, smile a lot. Don't bully her or make ugly faces. She can register baddies and start crying in less than 3 seconds of seeing your face, even if you are smiling widely.


bluishangel on 10:45 AM